Bus Accident Lawyer
Bus accidents can be caused by a variety of situations and actions that require the legal expertise of an experienced bus accident lawyer. Common causes for bus accidents range from driver negligence to neglected vehicle maintenance. Anyone that has been hurt in an bus injury accident would be well advised to speak with an experienced bus crash attorney about the specifics of their case.
The law limits the time you have to file your bus accident case!
DO NOT DELAY! Call 24 Hours a Day! 415-689-8322
Bus Driver Error and Negligence
Navigating a bus through busy city streets or down a serpentine mountain road is not an easy task. Drivers must remain focused and attentive at all times to ensure the safety of their passengers. Inexperienced bus drivers can make serious mistakes that put passengers at risk, like speeding during inclement weather. A bus crash lawyer can initiate a thorough investigation into the cause of the accident and determine if it was caused by a negligent party. View some buss accident stats here. Common forms of bus driver negligence include:
- Distracted Driving: Talking or texting on the phone, playing with the radio and eating should be avoided at all times when driving. Bus drivers that don't remain focused on the road put all of their passengers and the other motorists around them at great risk.
- Unsafe Lane Changes: Buses often pull over into the right lane and then must pull back into traffic. Failure to properly check for traffic is a common cause of bus accidents.
- Speeding: Braking and making fast turns are already difficult maneuvers for buses. Drivers that exceed posted speed limits increase their chances of causing a bus crash.
- Drunk Driving: Bus drivers that risk the lives of their passengers by drinking and driving may be held liable for the accident they cause while intoxicated. The bus company or owner can be held liable as well in such cases for having hired a driver with a history of DUI.
- Fatigued Driving: Commercial drivers are required under federal law to get a sufficient amount of sleep before driving and maintain a log of their sleeping habits. Unfortunately, there are times when bus drivers may falsify logs so that they can meet unrealistic deadlines and keep unrealistic schedules. Fatigued driving is negligent driving. The bus company may be held accountable for an bus accident caused by a fatigued bus driver.
Maintenance Issues and Defective Parts
In the event that a bus driver losses control of the vehicle, it is imperative that the cause of that loss of control be determined. In some cases, a maintenance issue, defective engine, or steering part can be to blame. A bus accident lawyer can ensure that the responsible parties are held accountable for their actions. The parties that may be found liable for these kinds of bus accidents include:
- The Bus Owner
- Transit Company
- Mechanic or Company Overseeing Repairs
- Parts Manufacturer
- Bus Manufacturer
Driver of Secondary Vehicle
Often times the bus driver is not the one at-fault for the bus accident. However, a negligent driver that excessively speeds, runs red lights or drives while under the influence may be held responsible for any bus accident that results from their actions. The bus company's insurer may also still be liable for these types of bus accidents.
Why Contact a Bus Accident Lawyer?
If you should be involved in a bus accident, it is in your best interest to seek legal counsel immediately. Bus companies often have insurance companies with powerful legal defense teams that actively seek to protect their clients' interests. The expertise provided by the bus accident lawyers of Nagelberg Bernard Law Group allow bus accident victims to deal with insurance companies and bus company representatives without threatening their own interests. In cases that involve disputed claims, we aid our clients in pursuing compensation through litigation. Our primary goal is to ensure that you receive a fair amount of compensation for the injuries, damages, and losses you have suffered.